Still No updates For the S8 Plus
Bentmountain
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon and Samsung continually disappoint by not keeping their devices up to date 

Android 7.12 was released in feb  the latest security update  is July

My s8 plus 7.00 May security patch

Both companies are at fault charge a premium but don't deliver on enhancements or security

0 Likes
Re: Still No updates For the S8 Plus
SNOWSTORM609

i agreed   all see we have not seen june  patch  yet  and its july  15th  and  samsung has  all ready  started  working on  july  patch   wish T-Moblie   may get 1st  so when i pay off my phone  or when  same samsung  S9 comes out   i may   move back on over  too T-Moblie     T-Mobile  dos a  much better  job  in updating  there phone then  the  vary slow   verizon dos    hey  verizon how about giveing  us the  june  update  all ready ?

0 Likes
cwbcpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is why I struggle to stick with any android phone. Verizon has control of updates and they are absolutely terrible at pushing them out. Hard to believe they have not improved the process.

0 Likes
Bentmountain
Contributor - Level 1

Today Samsung US release of fully functional Bixby through update we here on verizon didn't get.

0 Likes
cwbcpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got Bixby updates straight from the galaxy app store. I've been using Bixby voice. I don't know that you have to wait on Verizon's update for that. I didn't at least.

0 Likes