Stolen phone recovered but reset
tyking77

Hope this is in the right Fourm. 

I had my phone stolen and I recently recovered it. it was reset before it was handed back 

and Im locked out of it now because I cannot get passed "verify your identity" the theif got into my 

phone and changed the password and email before I recovered it. 

its a samsung J3 Eclipse.   

I have looked at ALL the youtube vids on how to get past the lock and none of them work. 

is there anything i can do? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stolen phone recovered but reset
Klue
Master - Level 1

Sorry but can't help you as I have know idea who you are and if your story is even legit. I would suggest that you take the phone to a Verizon corporate store to see if they can help you. They can at least verify who you are through your Verizon account.

0 Likes
tyking77

yeahhh no worries. just gonna trash the phone. i took it to verizon and they told me to talk to samsung.  and THEY bascially told he im screwd and that i need to buy a new phone. thx anyway bud.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tyking77, I am so sorry to hear that your device was stolen. I am glad that you recovered but concerned with you not being able to log back in to your device. TO clarify, the device was factory reset? Instructions can be found here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-212128/. AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
tyking77

the guy who gave it back had deleted everything i had on the phone put his email and pass and factory reset it before giving it back . i cant do anything with the phone because he didnt give me his name, number, email or password. ( the guy STOLE it. he wasnt gonna tell me who he was). so now i am stuck on the " identity verification" part for the set up. I did ask for help at a verizon store and you guys told me I needed to contact samsung. Samsung wont do anything for me because the phone is 4 years old and i didnt think to keep the recipt when i bought it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tyking77, I'm sorry that Samsung wasn't more helpful. If they need proof of purchase, you can check your Documents and Receipts in My Verizon, if you purchased the device through us. I highly recommend checking out this FAQ on Documents and Receipts in My Verizon: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/my-documents-and-receipts-faqs/

If you go to Question #2, there's a direct link to the Documents & Receipts page for My Verizon (you will need to sign in). You can check for your receipt of purchase or Device Agreement/Contract information there. This would be the best way to check for your original purchase information.

If you're unable to get into your phone still, we're happy to help with going over upgrade options for a new device, as well.

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes