Strange delivery notifications on text messages
Curmudgeon76

Greetings all!

Just had a quick question about text messages when texting from a Verizon device to another Verizon device. 

Usually, when I send a text to another Verizon device, I get delivery notifications. It will say "sending", "sent", and finally,  "delivered".

Lately I've been noticing something strange, and it doesn't happen all the time. I'll send a text, and it will say "sent".  It will sit there for maybe 10 seconds.  Then, it will change to "sending", "sent", and then "delivered".

This seems kind of odd to me. Has anyone else encountered this or have any idea why it's happening? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks! 

- Justin

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Strange delivery notifications on text messages
bearone21
Legend

loses signal, reaquires signal. other apps, social media updating.

0 Likes
Curmudgeon76
Could you clarify what you mean by other apps and social media updating? Thanks.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! It is certainly important to know why these changes are occurring. Being able to send text messages is essential. Have you made any recent changes to your device recently? Do you have any software updates available at this time? Which application are you using to send messages?

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
Re: missing delivery notifications on text messages
maddyness

When I send out a text message, I get these words under the text message - SENT then DELIVERED. Now on one contact - under the text is SENT. The DELIVERED doesn't appear. Does that mean the text was never received?

0 Likes
Re: missing delivery notifications on text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

maddyness,

It's important to be sure. We want you to have confidence in your text messages. There are actually a few reasons this could be happening. When the phone says the text is delivered that means the phone of whoever you sent that text to sent a confirmation to your phone. That is great but it isn't always possible. The person you sent the phone to may have lost signal after getting the text. They may have a phone or a wireless carrier who doesn't send these confirmations as not all phones and wireless carriers allow them. If it is only happening with one person and it never says delivered on any of your messages to them it is very likely that they just have these confirmations turned off or their phone or carrier isn't able to send them. These are just a few of the reasons why we can't always confirm a message was delivered but that doesn't mean it wasn't. How many messages have you sent them? Are you able to check with them to see if they received the message?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes