Streaming audio cuts out when phone goes to sleep.
Rack1
Enthusiast - Level 2

S7 edge nougat g935vvru4bqa4. Streaming audio cuts off around 5-10 minutes after the screen turns off.  Happens whether using wifi or data.  Have done several factory data resets with no resolution to problem.

Wifi settings: "wifi on during sleep" is set to always,  "smart network switch" is off.

Data usage settings: "data saver" is off

Battery settings: "power saving mode" is off, "app power monitor" is off.

When phone is plugged in the problem does NOT exist,  so this is something to do with a power saving feature.  But I've switched all such features I can find off.

If I'm playing saved files there is no problem, only when streaming content.  Problem did not exist prior to nougat "upgrade".

I'm hoping somebody has some insight to this problem.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Streaming audio cuts out when phone goes to sleep.
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you did the Factory data resets did you clear the cache partition?

0 Likes
Rack1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only cleared the cache on the first reset.  Did 2 more within 2 days without clearing the cache just hoping I'd get lucky and clear out some glitch. On the last reset I manually installed all apps, instead of using my backup file created on my laptop using samsung smart switch. If anybody thinks it might be helpful,  I could try one more time clearing the cache and manually installing all apps instead of using the backup to restore. I'm getting tired of rebuilding my phone over and over,  lol.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

If you do the clear cache partition it does not do anything to the settings in your phone. It just cleans out all the old files and junk that the phone has in it.

Rack1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried clearing the cache partition again. Did not help the situation. Hoping somebody has something else to try.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can’t have you missing out on the audio. Which specific applications does this happen with? How long ago did the issue start?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes