Suddenly all incoming calls RESTRICTED
IhatemyS20
Enthusiast - Level 1

Suddenly,  all of my incoming calls are showing as restricted.  (Including from contacts in my phone).

Help! 

Labels (1)
Re: Suddenly all incoming calls RESTRICTED
yyhk123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to find that this issue has been going around for a while. it happened to all verizon phones. i think u might have to do the factory reset, but try call customer service and see if they can help you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IhatemyS20,

We want you to have the best possible experience, including being able to see your incoming calls. Is this concern still ongoing? Did you make any changes, such as new apps or software, around the time that this issue began?

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
Awalle01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this thread is old but someone could possibly benefit from this in the future. I had the same exact problem and FIXED it. My fix was going to the Call Filtering app and disabling/opting out from any call filtering and it fixed my issue instantly.

Bastogne1327

I had the same problem.  The fix for me had to do with the Call Filtering app being inappropriately configured on my new Samsung phone.  Making the Call Filtering app the "default app" then confirming the permissions were set properly resolved my issue.  Under settings, I also checked the "Identified Number Alert" box.  Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Keener1

I'm now on my second bout of dealing with this garbage. The first time I took it to a Verizon store and the employees had no idea what to do. They were helpful enough and walked me through everything they could think of before resorting to a factory reset. Unfortunately, that didn't work either. Then, 3 days after the factory reset my phone miraculously returned to letting me view incoming calls.

However, that only lasted about 6 weeks before it reverted back to showing everything as restricted. I'm at a loss as to what to do now as I'm not willing to simply accept that my phone will need a factory reset every 1-2 months.

I'm at my wits end with this and very disappointed with both Verizon and Samsung.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there Keener1 and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We can understand your frustration surrounding this matter and we are here to help. Have you had any trouble with your SIM card on your phone by chance? To confirm, you have the S20 as well is that correct?-Candice

0 Likes
ekvieraKC

I have been having this same problem with my Samsung S20 Ultra. It's been going on for several weeks now. my phone is also starting to drop calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd be happy to help you out! Please meet us in a message anytime to get started! *Lisa

0 Likes
Keener1

I don't believe I have had any sim issues. I have the S20 FE. I tried a factory reset again and this time t didn't work at all. 

0 Likes