Swapping SIM card
lowsaturn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just purchased a refurbished Samsung S9+ for my father for Christmas. I'd like to make sure everything functions before wrapping it up and giving it to him in a couple weeks. I've already charged up the phone, turned it on, signed in under my Google account and made sure it functioned. 

The next thing I'd like to to is make sure its able to connect to Verizon and make/receive calls and texts. My plan is to put my SIM card from my Note10+ into the S9+ and see if the phone works. 

But I have a couple questions before I do this. My Note 10+ is on a payment plan, would putting the SIM card associated with my phone number cause an issue? Second, when I purchased my son and my Note 10+'s at launch and my wifes Note 10+ on Black Friday, I was charged a $40 on each line to activate the phones. If I swap the SIM from my phone to my Dads for a few minutes and then back, will I be charged this $40 fee?

Or am I over thinking this?

Thank you.....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Swapping SIM card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lowsaturn,

We can relate to how important it is that you have the device checked out prior to gifting it and knowing how activating the phone on your line will affect your account. Rest assured, there is no charge to place your SIM in the phone and test things out. Your services essentially are transferred to that particular device. Does this help address your concerns?

KatiM_VZW

lowsaturn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes it does, thank you very much.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you haven't already thought about it ... once you ensure that all is working well with the phone, I'd suggest factory resetting it so that your Dad can set it up "from scratch" with his own accounts/info.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless! Also here is a link with details on activating a device if needed in the future: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209087/ YaleK_VZW

0 Likes