Switched phone to a different line (already on our plan) but message + is still showing my old line
kimnlogan

I bought a new phone and switched my mom's line (on my plan) to my old phone.  (both android)  Message + is still showing MY messages on the phone that now has her phone number.  Help please?  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same thing happens. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switched phone to a different line (already on our plan) but message + is still showing my old line
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you factory reset the old phone before activating it the your mom's line? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Switched phone to a different line (already on our plan) but message + is still showing my old line
kimnlogan

No.. I transfered her phone stuff using 'content transfer' from verizon but did not tell me to factory reset.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should have factory reset the phone to remove all of your information from the phone first. Then you would have done the content transfer from her old phone to the phone you are wanting to activate on her line. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Switched phone to a different line (already on our plan) but message + ...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, kimnlogan. We know it is important to make sure your messages are not showing up on your mother's device. Have you made sure to factory reset your old device?

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Switched phone to a different line (already on our plan) but message + ...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would suggest creating a back up for her content. Then afterwards, factory reset the device and download that back up once again.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes