Switching phones within account
eeyoreland
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sure hope someone can help because getting through to Verizon has proven next to impossible. Online, I ordered a new phone (S20) as a trade-in to replace an older one (S7) on our account. When the S20 arrives, I actually want to give my S10 to the person who had the S7. I understand we can "switch" online, but in what order should I do things? Should we switch BEFORE I activate the S20 or should I activate the S20 for the S7 user and then make the switch? Does this make sense? I feel if I activate the S20 and then make the switch I'll be spending a lot of time transferring S7 stuff to the new S20, just then transfer the S20 stuff to the S10 and vice-versa. Another question is, how does everything actually get transferred? Should I be putting stuff on my computer so I don't lose it? Any advice would be greatly appreciate. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching phones within account
eeyoreland
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I got further in 10 minutes online than I have two days on the phone. Can you provide a bit more information on how Verizon Cloud works? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new device! We want to ensure you're set up for success. When swapping equipment we recommend backing up your information before activating a new device on either line. You can back up your information using VZ Cloud, Google, etc. Once you've backed up the information, we then recommend activating your new device on the appropriate line. Then activating your S10 on the line currently using the S7. I've provided a link here: http://spr.ly/6609GVjOZ. on how you can activate a line on an existing line of service. Does this information help?

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
eeyoreland
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I got further in 10 minutes online than I have two days on the phone. Can you provide a bit more information on how Verizon Cloud works? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do apologize for the hard time you've had trying to get the support you deserve. If you've enrolled in Verizon Cloud, your information can be backed up; this way all you have to do is log into Verizon Cloud on your new device, and restore your information. Click here: http://spr.ly/6604GVdUn to learn more about how you can use Verizon Cloud. 

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The VZ cloud will only restore the last 90 days worth of text messages. If you need more of your text message history transferred to the next phone, you should look at one of several SMS Backup applications available in the Play Store. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.