Re: Sync disabled
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have done a great job in troubleshooting this issue. We will cover some additional options. You mentioned someone else that has a S6 and the email worked on it. Did this device also have the nougat update? You may try running the device in safe mode to see if the issue reproduces:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203266/.  Please use this link for the steps: BobbyN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Davenoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

The settings indicated in the link will not work.

I have optonline from Cablevision

Port 110 will not accept SSL security as suggested, only no security is acceptable.

Safe mode does not work either.

Attached are screen shots of updates of my S7 and my Wife's S6 which works

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Davenoso wrote:

The settings indicated in the link will not work.

I have optonline from Cablevision

Port 110 will not accept SSL security as suggested, only no security is acceptable.

Safe mode does not work either.

Attached are screen shots of updates of my S7 and my Wife's S6 which works

There are no attachments. You need to post images directly to the thread on the Verizon Wireless Community forum in order to share them with the community members.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Davenoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154,

Here are the update histories:

My S7 with email failure

Andriod 7.0

Software June 10, 2017 G930VVRU4BQG1

Software June 29, 2017 G930VVRU4BQF2

My Wife's S6 which works

Andriod 7.0

Software June 10, 2017 G930VVRS4BQC9

Software June 29, 2017 G930VVRU4BQF2

If you recall my S6 email stopped working after one of the updates, that’s why I got the S7.

I hope this helps, if you need any more numbers I'll be glad to send them

Dennis [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for giving safe mode a try, Davenoso. This is certainly a strange error, especially considering your wife and son’s devices have no issues with the same email address. Since it is working on their devices, what happens if you put your email onto their phones? What happens when you try to enable sync in the email account settings? Does this happen on both cellular data and Wi-Fi?

JosephE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Davenoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

Joseph,

Here is the latest since I spoke again to my wife and son who is away at college.

Added my email to my wife's phone and no notification.

My wife says her S6 only gives a notification on very rare occasions. Usually never.

She has two optonline email and one College edu account and none of the three works, only rarely

I tried another account on my S7 with no luck. and I noticed that only rarely, like my wife's, will I get a notification.

My other son uses the gmail app, which I do not like at all.

Both my S6, and S7 and my wife's S6 all stopped working at the time of the Nougat updates.

Dennis [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davenoso,

We appreciate your troubleshooting. I have researched your email address. It does require certain codes and ports be entered in correctly. Here is the link http://spr.ly/65888aGuY. Any of these not done in here will result in not receiving the emails properly.

RobinD_VZW

0 Likes
Davenoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

The settings offered by Cablevision are accepted by the phone but still no notifications.

Service provider Incoming server Port Security Outgoing server Port Security

Cablevision Recommends mail.optonline.net 110 SSL/Authentication mail.optonline.net 587 SSL/Authentication Username only Email provided by Optimum.net