Syncing fitbit
Franklin11
Enthusiast - Level 2

After you last update on my galaxy s5 phone I can not sync my fitbit or my square up.  What are you guys doing.  Is this issue going to get fixed.

0 Likes
Re: Syncing fitbit
CJBM516

I've had the same problem since the update. I cannot sync Fitbit or Dreammapper app (which i use for cpap machine). Since last week's update I've spent hours every day trying to get this to work. Franklin11 I share your frustration

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your apps are certainly important, CJBM516. Manufacturer software updates are meant to enhance your experience with your device. Have your apps gotten an update to be compatible with the new software? You can check for updates in the Play Store>Menu (three lines)>My Apps & Games. What happens when trying to use these apps? Have you had the chance to reach out to the app developer for assistance with the applications by chance? When you pull up the app in the Play Store you will see a section below the description for Developer where support can be contacted directly.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KELCOL63

I also have the Samsung Galaxy S5 and have been unable to synch my Fitbit since the update on 8.8.17. Are you planning on fixing this issue soon?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to keep track and sync your Fitbit Kelcol63. Are you having any issues connecting any other Bluetooth Product? Is your application updated?  Have you tried to sync your Fitbit to another phone?

AmberF_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DRIDGE1963

Also having the same issue with a Mio Alpha 2 fitness tracker. I have cleared cache and done a factory restore to my S5. The fitness tracker will connect to my sons Motorola Turbo HD.This all started after the last update. Please fix or give us an eta.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dridge1963, we want to help keep you connected. When going to the Fitbit app, is the Always Connected option on? When going to the Settings, Applications, Application Manager, Fitbit app, Permissions, turn on location before trying to connect.

LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
Franklin11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have updated both the fitbit and the square up card reader.  Fitbit even send me out a new fitbit and it will not sync.   I even went so far as using a friend device and both devices worked on her phone (running on the nougat operating system).  I have contacted both companies and they have stated it was because of the update Samsung and Verizon sent out.  If you read the forums with both these companies everyone that got the update is having the same issue.  These companies have stated that it is because when we got the update it has cause a malfuntion with the BLE and our phones will not pick up the bluetooth anymore.  I even went so far a buy a different brand fitness tracker, which will not work..... So Verizon  and /or Samsung should be responsible to fix the issues and correct this with a new update.  And if you look at the forums from both the companies the people are posting that they will be moving away from Verizon and Samsung.  We did not break our phone the updates did.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Frankiln11,

We understand your frustration with this issue. We understand the importance of being able to sync your devices. Did you reach out to Samsung directly? Did they provide any options? We have lifted this up on our end.

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes