Syncing issues with Garmin vivoactive HR and Garmin Connect App on Verizon
DTL8791

Today, my Garmin Vivoactive HR stopped syncing with my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6. I called Garmin support and they told me it was an update that Verizon did three weeks ago that will not allow my watch to sync with the Garmin Connect app. Can Verizon fix this?  Is anyone else experiencing this problem. I'm an active runner, and I love my Garmin. I will have to switch carriers if this problem cannot be resolved quickly. Verizon, PLEASE FIX. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Syncing issues with Garmin vivoactive HR and Garmin Connect App on Verizon
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

DTL8791,

We certainly don't want for you to even think about leaving our wireless family! Making sure we do all that we can to fix this issue with your Gamin Connect App is our goal. Let's make sure we go over a few things. Have you been able to reset the Garmin at all? Can you please reset the Garmin if you haven't done so already? After that is done, please unpair & retest. When you contacted Garmin, did they happen to suggest any troubleshooting?

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pgcorky
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue with my Garmin Vivofit 2 and the Garmin Connect App on my Samsung Galaxy S5. Synchronizing of data stopped in early August. I have been unable to Pair the Vivofit 2 with my phone since that time. I have uninstalled the Garmin Connect App and have done a factory re-set on the Vivofit 2. No luck.

Seems that the last Verizon update to my device broke the Bluetooth pairing and syncing with the Garmin device. Appreciate any thoughts on how to fix this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want everything to work for you, pgcorky. We are here for you. Since having this connection issue with your Viviofit 2, have you checked with Garmin if your device is up to date? We ask because it appears the original versions of their firmware did cause connection issues and updates they released have since fixed the problem.

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes