Re: System Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robinlh Sorry to learn you are unhappy with the update to your phone. They are intended to enhance your experience. We provide you with your cellular and data service but the updates come from the manufacturer. We will certainly forward your feedback so that they are aware of your concern. I hope you find this helpful. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MystySG I'm sorry to learn you are not happy with the looks of the update. At this time there is no way to go back to your old software. The updates are provided by the manufacturer. Your feedback is important and will be shared with the appropriate team. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my notification every day. Device concerns are never good. Let's see what we can do. What model Samsung do you have? What changes (updates, downloads, etc.) have you made to the device prior to this concern? What messaging app (default, Message +, etc.) are you using?

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ldvader

MystySG,

The visual changes you see were done from System Update 24 which changed your Anderoid version from Oreo to Pie.  You can look up the changes Pie brought, but what you see now is certain themes won't work with Pie.  You can get around this and get your phone back to what it used to be by downloading a new/supported theme.  Supported themes won't give you a message that "certain features won't work properly".

The other differences are minor, but I'd look them up so your aware.  You can roll your phone back by resetting it back to factory default, but you will lose any gaming and personal data stored on the phone. Pie was an optional update, so you can chose not to update to it next time. 

I hope this helps. 

0 Likes