System Updated 1 Hour Ago -- My End of Calls Now Muted
MSHickey56

I authorized the Android system update which finished just about an hour ago. Now, I can't speak to anyone on calls, made or received. I already turned the "Easy Mute" button off (which was never on before the update). Judging by my internet searches, this is a consistent, recurring problem with the S7 Edge, although I've never experienced it in the year and a half I've had it. I have received 2 urgent calls and I can't call either person back.

0 Likes
Re: System Updated 1 Hour Ago -- My End of Calls Now Muted
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I know this may be a dumb question but you would be surprised how many people don;t know about it.

Volume up-power-home takes you to recovery mode. Once there clear the cache partition ( this clears out old files and does nothing to your personal settings ) Then just reboot the phone. This does not always work but it does not hurt. It also take a few days for the phone to settle down after a new update. I hope you get this resolved and come back on here and tell us what worked for you.

Re: System Updated 1 Hour Ago -- My End of Calls Now Muted
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MSHickey56, having unexpected results after a software update prevent you from staying in touch with everyone is something we absolutely want to help you fix as soon as possible. Thank you for the details that you've already provided. I'd like to clarify exactly what's happening that shouldn't be. Do you have the same issue of your microphone not working on speakerphone? How about in other applications besides the phone calls, like voice or video recorders? Please let us know and we can continue helping get to the bottom of this.

You can also check out our online troubleshooting assistant here: http://spr.ly/65878fBgV; and type in "On a call microphone audio isn't working" to walk through some simple troubleshooting that frequently helps in cases like yours. Keep us updated.

KarolineD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes