TABLET WI FI DIRECT Password?
redruthann

TABLET WI FI DIRECT

Samsung Galaxy 7 to Samsung Galaxy Tab A

Where do I get the password after selecting the network ? Everything is all set to go, but when I select the network to connect my tablet to my phone it asks for a password.  WHAT-WHERE IS THE PASSWORD?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TABLET WI FI DIRECT Password?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just to be sure I understand - you are wanting to use the hotspot on your Samsung Galaxy S7 so the tablet can have internet....if that's the case, to find the default (or set up a new one that you can remember) -

Go to Settings, Mobile Hotspot/Tethering, turn it on.  There you should be able to see what the "broadcast" device name is, and the password, and edit the password if you want.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which device is broadcasting the wifi network you want to connect to?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just to be sure I understand - you are wanting to use the hotspot on your Samsung Galaxy S7 so the tablet can have internet....if that's the case, to find the default (or set up a new one that you can remember) -

Go to Settings, Mobile Hotspot/Tethering, turn it on.  There you should be able to see what the "broadcast" device name is, and the password, and edit the password if you want.