TRADE IN Issue, and by the looks of this forum its RAMPANT
sworntovalor
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.

I just spent an hour on the phone with corporate. We are new customers that signed up for a new promotion that had nothing to do with trading in phones. A store associate informed us verbally that trading in our old S8 and S7 devices would give us a $1200 credit on our account that would apply to our bill (our bill that is 2X AS EXPENSIVE AS 2 LINES AT T-MOBILE). Well, pardon me for seeing a Verizon logo and assuming that a professional corporation that surely is vested in keeping its customers happy would match what was being communicated to us. Today I learned that we received E-gift cards to the amounts of $19.50 and $8.50 for the functioning devices we handed over. I am infuriated to say the least. After calling corporate to summarize I have been told A. we can't get our devices back. and B. it was processed as recycling which is unable to be reversed. So....we were robbed then. IF I'D HAVE KNOWN I'D GET $28 IN E-GIFT CARDS FOR FULLY FUNCTIONING S8 AND S7 DEVICES....I WOULDN'T HAVE TRADED THEM IN!!! FACT IS WE WERE TOLD WE'D GET MUCH MORE VALUE AND TURNS OUT WE HAVE BEEN ROBBED!!! Expect us to be looking to find a company that remembers their promises, and my empathy to all the other hard working people on this forum that have been robbed similarly.

Labels (1)
Re: TRADE IN SCAM, and by the looks of this forum its RAMPANT
ChuckI62

I had the exact same thing happen. I was promised a 
$650.00 trade-in. I placed the sticker on the back, sent it in, and 2 weeks later my credit was $16.50 due to damage. My phone also was perfectly functioning, and I never would have traded it in for this amount of money.

A BIG SCAM !!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sworntovalor, 

I know how important it is for you to get the promotion you signed up for, and I am so sorry to hear that your devices were processed as recycled phones rather than trade ins. I would like to look into this, and see how we can help resolve this matter for you. Please reply to our Private Note, so we can gather the details needed to assist in resolving this. 

Thank you, 

Michelle_VZW 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate that you have brought this to our attention. As a consumer myself, I expect promotions to be as promised. Certainly, you should have that experience as well. I am sorry for any inconvenience, we are anxious to get this resolved. I want to take a closer look, so I did send you a Private Message. 

0 Likes
levlumiere

check to see if they are spreading the trade in value over 24 months. I have done "deals" like this before with them and the specials are usually spread over the life of the payments of the new device. Hope this helps

0 Likes