TRAVEL PASS NOT WORKING ON S22+
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

I went on a cruise last month to the southern Caribbean I have Travel Pass Active but it would only work for about 30sec and the quit. All of the countries I was in were on the list but it never worked. Yes data while roaming was on and it was not in airplane mode. Of course Verizon can't help you when you can't communicate with them. Phone is a Galaxy S22 Plus, android 12 with latest updates. Any one else run into this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: TRAVEL PASS NOT WORKING ON S22+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a way to communicate with your friends and family while traveling Jallis is important. I'm sorry you had issues with using your phone. We are always here to help and can provide assistance via our chat team or social media team via this channel.  Are you still traveling, if so where are you currently located and what cruise ship are you on at this time? Send us a private message with details. 

-Kinquana

0 Likes
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

If I was I still would not be able to communicate with you. You can't do anything if I am not out of the country.

0 Likes
Screenname05

I am very interested in knowing if this problem has been resolved.  I will be traveling in May to Europe, so want my S22 to work - planned to use travel pass, but it is very expensive - if it is not working right, then I will opt to get a new sim in Europe.  Plus, other problems with the S22 if you bought your phone from Verizon are getting worse.  Verizon meddled with Samsung's software and other things - functionality are either broken or blocked.  Someone at Verizon needs to be fired. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there! We always want to ensure that your issues are resolved. What happens when you try to use TravelPass? We're here to help.

*Breanna

0 Likes
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

It didn't work. It would connect for 15 to 20 seconds and that was it. Just long enough to get charged the daily $10 fee. Tried it in Cartagena, Colombia, Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao. Same thing, on 2 different Galaxy S22+ phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ok. We appreciate those details, Jallis. We would recommend reaching out for support if something like that happens, so that the issue can be resolved right away. The TravelPass is a very commonly used service, and there are no known issues with it at this time. Getting a local SIM is also always an option, if that is something you would like to do, but it's not necessary. When you do travel next, please just be sure that your device is up to date on all available updates from Samsung, and service should work without much trouble.

- Henry

0 Likes
bnewall1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having the same issue for several months with roaming to Mexico.  My phone will not connect there at all.  There appears to be a known issue with the S22 series.  I spoke to a Verizon Tier 2 support rep today, who said there is acknowledgement of the issue, but no estimated fix date.  I also found a Samsung forum post mentioning the issue.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/international-connections-roaming-issues-with-...

0 Likes
Mcfloyd10

The issue is likely the sim card. If you have one where 5g is in black stripe, get the new one that is all white. I had same issue, and read on Samsung forums this.worked. will find out in August. Betting bad sim card shipped.

0 Likes
Mcfloyd10

Did it work in Europe or did you get a new sim card there? I am going in August and got a new sim card here, all white, but still concerned as I will need a phone.

0 Likes