TTS pops up when receiving text messages
GemGlowz1

Every time I receive a text message the TTS menu pops up. I already have it installed (English - US) (Female). I can't get rid of it and it's annoying. I probably but something by accident but can't figure out what it is. Galaxy S7 Edge. Itappens in every message app I've tried. Help please.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: TTS pops up when receiving text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize you are having issues with this feature on your device, GemGlowz1. I know how important it is to be able to use the text messaging feature. When did this problem start? Have there been any recent changes to the device (software, apps, etc.)?

GersonG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
GemGlowz1

It's been happening for a few weeks. I think I may have hit something by mistake while on the phone. It's very touch. I just got a replacement device and the same thing is happening so I think that it's a settings problem but I can't find what it is. when I click on English us it asks me to download voice but there's nothing to download.

0 Likes
GemGlowz1

It's been happening for a few weeks. I just received a replacement device and the same problem is happening with that as well. That's why I believe I hit something while on the phone. It seems the settings menu pops up very easy.  When I do click on the English US option it goes to the voice data menu but only has the version and nothing to download. It's getting very aggravating as it happens with every text message I receive.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Which one are you using the Samsung one or the google one??

0 Likes
GemGlowz1

Neither. I'm using Verizon Messages but I tried using the Samsung app but the same thing happens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GemGlowz1, let's keep searching for more clues to help find the right solution. If you restart your phone using Safe Mode, does the message popup completely stop?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
GemGlowz1

Oops. I think you were asking about the TTS app.   I've tried both and the same thing happens.

0 Likes
GemGlowz1

I know this may sound crazy but how do you do that on a phone?  I know how on a computer but never did "safe mode" on a phone.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1
0 Likes