Talk to text
Amreggie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since I updated the Verizon and the Droid updates, the talk-to-text feature no longer offers the suggested corrections. I have tried clearing the cache partition twice on a reboot, and I've tried switching back and forth between Samsung and Google Talk engines as well as changing all the other nuances in settings. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

I'm ready just to roll back to my original system but that seems a little complicated as well. TIA. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Talk to text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have a working device. Are you referring to the option to correct a misspelled word when using talk-to-text?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Amreggie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes. When using the talk-to-text option, before the updates, there were words or phrases that were underlined, and when I clicked on them, it would offer possible correction suggestions. Post-update, those are gone. Now I have to go back and manually make all the corrections. Sometimes I see the spoken word being translated to text correctly but by the time it finishes it, it has changed to something else.

I am not the only one experiencing this. I've been doing some research. This thread discusses this problem in depth:

https://support.google.com/android/thread/43528231?hl=en

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring your device functions correctly is one of our top priorities. We definitely want to get to the bottom of this ASAP! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can further assist you.

0 Likes