Tech Rep Competence.
kratkevich
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you having a peculiar problem with a new phone that you've already spent time on trying to resolve yourself?

If so, don't expect a Verizon tech rep to help by posting it here if it's anything other than Smartphone 101 material. They won't even understand the question never mind provide a correct answer. 

Use Google Advanced Search and use only a minimal number of very specific search criteria. You will find the answer!

Labels (1)
Re: Tech Rep Competence.
jav6
Champion - Level 3

In case you weren’t aware, this is a Public Community Forum composed primarily of customers helping each other. There are VZW agents that monitor the posts and provide help on services and features, not technical support.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Are you having trouble with a device, kratkevich? As jav6 stated, this forum is mostly for the customer community to help each other, but we do review it. If you are in need of assistance, you can send us a private note. Otherwise, you can use any of the following support channels: vzw.com/contactus We hope you're having a nice weekend. EricW_VZW

0 Likes
kratkevich
Enthusiast - Level 2

In case you have a reading comprehension problem, that post was in reference to a nightmarish issue involving the same technical malfunction with 4 different, brand-new phones and 4 different tech reps who couldn't resolve it. The 4th time around It was clear to me that I either discover the fix myself or change cellular service providers. In the process of searching the particular problem I was getting hits for Verizon customers who had the same issue and posted them HERE. Verizon people were quick to jump on the posts and have the customer jump through hoops ad nauseum and to no avail. The threads were locked and I'm sure those folks get service elsewhere now.

As for me, I figured out what the problem was, a Verizon problem, and made a simple change to circumvent it. This phone, the 4th in what should have been a simple 1 phone upgrade, works like a charm. But now I am having to deal with Verizon's other reps since the full cash value of the last brand-new Moto Z4 returned to and received by them PLUS other charges totalling almost $650 has been on my account for months and I been going insane trying to get the issue resolved after over 20 phone calls and probably over 100 hours on hold and talking to incoherent people with very thick accents, some with the sound of livestock in the background.

I actually posted the fix here and only logged-in to delete, which is when I saw your smart-butt reply. Do YOU check-in looking to offer your technical expertise to desperate users in need of assistance? YouWYou didn't help any of the other folks I referred to! I can tell by your comment and it's wording this forum and the world, in general, would be better off without you.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Your original post here made NO reference to other threads, just your standalone post.  That was what I was commenting on.  Not sure how we were supposed to read anything else into it.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes