Terrible bandwidth- 12-14Mbps on Phone, 20kb/sec on computer
kinesis2020

my connection on my laptop is awful. however, ookla speedtest reports 14-16mbps download on the phone itself, something is bottlenecking performance I might spend $10 on a tethering app to bypass verizon...I've tried USB, Wifi, and Bluetooth - all lead to poor performance.

just in case it is a rigged up application (internal phone tethering, stock)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible bandwidth- 12-14Mbps on Phone, 20kb/sec on computer
kinesis2020
if it helps im in the 95125 zip code.
0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@kinesis2020 wrote:

my connection on my laptop is awful. however, ookla speedtest reports 14-16mbps download on the phone itself, something is bottlenecking performance I might spend $10 on a tethering app to bypass verizon...I've tried USB, Wifi, and Bluetooth - all lead to poor performance.

just in case it is a rigged up application (internal phone tethering, stock)

Might help to know what plan you are on. Go Unlimited hotspot/thether is limtied to 600 kbps max. Beyond Unlimtied is 15 GB full speed then 600 kbps max. Above unlimited is 20 GB ull speed then  600 kbps max. if you're suggesting an app to bypass the 600 kbps youa re breakign the TOS and you're account can be cancelled and you'd also would be a wiseguy that ruins the network for other paying customers. Also if you're only getting 20 kbps your area is obviously congested.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the best network speds are roughly 5-12mbps, so you're doing better than many folks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's vital that you get the speed you need, kinesis2020. I'm happy to help out with the concern over mobile hotspot data. We aren't showing any reported issues in the zip code provided from the time you posted your messages until present time. As boringusername correctly pointed out, your mobile hotspot speed can vary by plan. What plan do you have specifically? Also, as mentioned by boringusername, using a third party app to bypass controls would indeed violate your terms of service and so we would advise that you do not do this. Do you know if other Verizon Wireless customers nearby to you are having the same issues with mobile hotspot data?

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes