Text Keyboard Doesn't Auto Correct after update
ChristinaP2011

Has anyone else noticed that the keyboard for texting no longer auto corrects things like simple spelling, puncuation, or apostrophes? I am really not happy about this.  Is it just me or does everyone find this annoying?

0 Likes
Re: Text Keyboard Doesn't Auto Correct after update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I seem to recall others asking about this shortly after the JB update was released. Have you searched the community to see if anyone offered a suggestion? I should also check out the discussions listed in the "More Like This" to the right of your question here in the community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ChristinaP2011

I am new to this and have no idea how to search for answers.  The "more like this" was not helpful at all because it was not answering questions about my specific phone and the update.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

there are many other keyboards in the play store (some are free) that you may prefer. i rarely use the one that actually comes on the phone because there are so many others to choose from an i typically like them better.

0 Likes
ChristinaP2011

So it seems as though there is no fix at this time for it and it is because of Verizon not Samsung unless I choose to download an additional keyboard.  Is there a keyboard that anyone suggests to help correct this issue?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you can get this one for free:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jb.gokeyboard&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSw...

i've never used it, but it gets very high reviews. the ones i use cost $ (smart keyboard pro is my favorite for a "non swype" style of keyboard)

0 Likes
maya0630
Contributor - Level 3

I just started using Kii keyboard. It seems pretty good so far. Supports both typing and swyping. You can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zl.inputmethod.latin&feature=search_result#?t=W251...

Prior to that I was using Swiftkey. It is pretty good as well but becomes a paid app after a 30-day trial.

0 Likes