Text Message Not Deleting
ngoldwein
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an S8 and normally I have no issue with deleting older text messages I do not want.  I have 1 text message which I have deleted several times and it disappears.  Then when I reboot my phone the text message reappears.

Please advise

0 Likes
Re: Text Message Not Deleting
georges_vzw
Verizon Employee

Making sure you can control all your content on that S8 is absolutely essential, ngoldwein. When you choose to delete something, it certainly ought to stay deleted, even if you reboot the device. We’re going to do all we can to help. When did this start happening? What text message app are you using? How soon after restarting do you see the text message come back? Do you back up your text messages online and, if so, how do you back them up?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ngoldwein
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use "mood" as my default text app and neber had the problem before.  I then used the text app built in to the phone and made it my default then deleted the text message that would not stay deleted.

I then switched back to Mood and rebooted and everything was fine

santoc_vzw
Verizon Employee

ngoldwein, I have tons of texts on my phone and always have to delete some.  I can see how it would be alarming if you erase a message and reboot and it reappears.  I am here to help and get to the bottom of this for you.  What messaging app are you currently using?  What changes have you recently made to your phone when this started (software update, app update, etc)?

SantoC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes