Re: Text Messages fail to send when connected to WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear pnwredblue, thank you for your proactive information! Since your device can send/receive texts over Wi-Fi at home just fine, there is no issue with your device. There must be an issue with your work Wi-Fi - have they recently installed a firewall to protect customer information? Have you tried using a different messaging app, like your default messaging application to see it your texts will go through there?

StephannieP_VZW 

0 Likes
pnwredblue
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
Jonvilma51
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you read the many customers having the same issue it obviously is not a wifi issue specific to any one person. There is something happening to the sms messaging settings when connected to various wifi's. I'm having the same issue and it only happens when connected to various hotel wifi. I travel alot and it does not happen at every hotel and it does not happen everytime I'm connected to wifi. 

Verizon, can you respond with a solution instead of your many uninformative responses I read here

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to let you know that we do take your concerns seriously. We expect your text messages to send every time. Since this appears to be occurring with many different devices.

I would like to pinpoint into your device itself. What is the make and model of your device? Is it correct that you have this problem intermittently? 

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes
pyaponmama
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a solution.  I'm having the same problem.  I can't send text when connecting to Comcast WiFi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's worrying to see that you're unable to send text messages while your device is connected to Wi-Fi, and we are here to help. Please tell us, what messaging app are you using? Could you please make sure that your apps are updated? Is your device's software up to date?

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
Platypuus

I have a brand new Note 10+ and I also am unable to send messages when connected to my work wifi. This started in July with my previous phone an S8+, right after the OS update. I am able to receive messages for the most part.

0 Likes
Leifer1969

I have a brand new moto z4 and I have the exact same issues.  WhatsApp works fine 100% of the time.  Any other text message app will spin and not go through 50-75% of the time.  Not everyone I know has Whatsapp.  This happens over Wi-Fi both at home and at work.

0 Likes
lugo0324
Enthusiast - Level 1

Enabling Wifi calling worked for when roaming or on 'Extended Network' and trying to send sms. Currently using a Galaxy Note 10+ with wifi enabled and 'wifi preferred' when roaming selected. Interestingly, however, i do not have any success when trying to make calls over wifi. Fortunately for me i text more than i call.

0 Likes
Dissatisfied_user
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S9.  (Samsung-sm-g950u). I am at a hotel, and when I connect to their wi-fi for internet browsing, I cannot send texts or make phone calls half the time or more. Phone calls freeze in the calling state wherein no dialing takes place. Texts give me a "failed to send" error message.

If I go to Settings > Connections > Wifi and turn off wifi, I can then make calls. It is most inconvenient and hobbles the phone as no texts can come in or go out while I am calling and vice versa.

I thouight there was a setting to call and send texts over wifi that I was instructed to use by a Verizon agent when I was in my home area (San Diego) where the Verizon signal had dropped to 1/2-1 bar due to some known signal sharing issue with another carrier.

However, I cannot now find this setting to see if it is the cause of the issue.  I have restarted my phone several times.

With these two issues, I am considering changing to another carrier and phone despite being a loyal Verizon customer for many years.

I would like to once again have my phone able to use the 4G/3G mobile data network and wi-fi capabilities at the same time without having to change settings repeatedly.