Text alert only works on the first alert before I open the app.
Sherbike

When I get a text, I get the alert.  When I am in the text app texting back and forth with someone, I have to go out of the app in order to get an alert that they have responded to my text.  If I'm in the app, and looking at my phone, I can see that they have responded but there is no sound alert, only if I get out.  Soooo annoying!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text alert only works on the first alert before I open the app.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll get to the bottom of this. How long have you been having this issue? Do you know if others in your area are having similar network issues as it relates to calls, and text? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
Sherbike

I know no one else who has this issue.  It has been going on for a very long time.  I also posted a question about why I can only make and receive calls using wi fi and not the network.  That issue has been going on for a couple weeks.  My husband's phone is having none of these issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details, Sherbike. We definitely want to ensure your device is working properly. Let's continue to dig into this. What message app are you using? When did this start? Please tell us more about what happens when making a call with Wi-Fi off? What signal is showing on your device when this happens?  

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes