Text message service center settings?
SA81

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. I am currently in the UK and inserted a pay-as-you-go SIM card from O2. After modifying the APN settings, I have been able to start using the phone and the internet - but unfortunately, my text messaging is not working. After spending an hour with O2 customer service, they insisted that I need to modify my "text message service center" settings. They said this should be one of the options on my SMS settings -- but I only have two options on that page: delivery reports and manage SIM card messages (when I click on this one, it just takes me to a screen that says "no messages" and has no other options). So I am supposed to enter the following number in text message service center settings, but I do not have that option on my phone:

(Removed)

Any suggestions?

Private info removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Text message service center settings?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SA81,

The UK sounds awesome! I know important text messages can be while traveling. We do not support other carriers sim cards or settings. You would need to reinsert your Verizon Wireless sim card to ensure proper use of all the features on the device.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Text message service center settings?
SA81

hi Pamela,

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, I am not looking for customer support for my UK phone carrier. Instead, I am looking for support for my device purchased through Verizon - I simply cannot find the option to modify my text message service center settings. Could you please advise me on how to do so?

Thanks.

0 Likes