Text messages are failing
skaterbabe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just purchased Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. Text messages are failing. Any idea why?

0 Likes
Re: Text messages are failing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new phone skaterbabe. Text should be working great on that new device? What happens when you send a text or receive one? Are you using a 3rd party messaging application? We may also need to check your account to ensure your messaging feature is on your account correctly.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on TWitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
skaterbabe
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I would send a text it would say "text failed". Perhaps things weren't synced up properly when we got the phones. It wasn't working the first day. I haven't had any problems since then. Love the phone, by the way!

ElmFive10

This is the same problem I'm having! But it hasn't resolved yet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure we get your SMS working as well ElmFive10! Is this happening with every text message or those to certain people?Send yourself a text to see if you receive an error. Try clearing out all of your SMS threads and reboot. If still no issue, we'll need to review your account. Let me know if you're still having an issue.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SanEric

I(S3), my wife(S3), and daughter(IP4) have recently started having SMS text message issues also.  Many fails.  Is something else going on?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SanEric! Let's get those important text messages flowing again! Please reprogram your phones and test. For your Galaxy S3 devices please remove the SIM card for 30 seconds http://bit.ly/TMHSVi and for your iPhone 4, please dial *228>option 1>power off/on at the end of the call. If issues continue, please provide your ZIP code so we can check further.

Antonio_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
busterdad

I recently got a Samsung S3 and started having message failing problems (along with some connectivity issues).  After going through the same steps .. reset the phone, clear the messages, etc.. etc..  I went to a Verizon store where the tech said that they'd had a technical bulletin on the phone and I needed a new SIM card.  They said the problems were due to a recent upgrade.

They installed a new SIM card and setup the phone... worked great....

for 3 weeks and now it's doing it again.  I don't know if it's the Samsung brand or what, but this is very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Busterdad,

Awesome! I know how important it is to have a properly working device. I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved with a new sim card. Thanks for submitting this feedback.

Have a great day!
Pamela_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mishfish

My S4 is exactly a month old and I just started having the same problem. It's almost always with sending photos. It tries to send it for a few minutes then I get the "Message failed" message.  Sometimes it goes through but more often I'm getting failed messages. I have no idea of I'm not getting any as I've read in some other posts but either way this is REALLY annoying and BS too!  So Verizon, from many other blogs and forums it sounds like this is a major problem for other people too.  What do I do to fix it? And please don't tell me to go buy a new SIM card because I'm not going to go out of my way.  You can send me one if that's the solution!

0 Likes