Re: Text messages are failing
myrar137

I bought the Samsung S4 mini at my local Staples. Today, the young saleswoman called Verizon for me. It seems I had put a block on my mobile account that blocked photo text messages. I remember doing something like this years ago. Still, I had always been able to send and receive all types of messages with my LG Cosmos phone. I guess buying and activating a new phone with same phone # and account on Sunday January 19, 2014, made the old block active. As soon as the block was removed, I was able to send photo messages. Hooray!!!

0 Likes
dre149

im having same problem and nobody can help me

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@dre149,

Let's get you text messages going! Text message is may main means of communication so I totally understand how you feel.

What phone do you have (S4 or S4 Mini)? Where are you located (zip)? Are you able to receive text messages? What happens when you try sending a text message? Are you getting an error message? Can you make/receive calls and access data okay?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Poetyk
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the exact same issue with my LG G2.  Every text message says message failed.  It was going on before I switched to the LG G2 on my HTC Droid DNA also. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Poetyk,

Let's see what's causing the problem! What is your current zip code? Are you using a 3rd party messaging application? When did the issue begin? Do you experience the issue with all recipients?

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
creoman

I started having the same issue with my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 after traveling abroad and using local sim card.

To resolve the issue in this situation you have to:

1. Open messaging app, click "Settings"
  2. Go to the bottom section - "Callback Number"
  3. Option "Turn on callback number" was off, but a Callback number was the last one from another SIM card
    So, looks like "Callback number" is analyzed even if option is off.
  4. Turn option on, enter your phone number, save. Then you can turn the option off again

This solved my issue.

You can achieve the same result by using context menu "Restore default settings" in settings of messaging app.

0 Likes
ErinHackney

I've had this problem since the day I got this phone..I've now had multiple sim cards replaced 2 new phones, countless factory resets and the problem still exist..after trying many many different test I finally figured out today that it's when I'm synced to WIFI that my text fail..as soon as I unsync from wifi my text will go through..I have no idea how to fix this and neither does Verizon!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this messaging issue resolved at once ErinHackney! I had a similar issue sending messages while connected to WiFi, and I resolved it by downloading and installing the Verizon Messages Application http://bit.ly/13rcZfv Give it a try.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
axel_2078
Contributor - Level 2

I'm confused.  The "fix" for this is to install a custom messaging app from Verizon??

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

Axel, for what it is worth I have used the VZ texting app and its most convenient if you are also using a tablet. It might be worth a try to see if your texts still fail and that way you can at least rule some things out. If their app works then you know it is something messed up those settings. I had issues too for awhile but they got resolved. Sometimes it was where I was at.

0 Likes