Text messages not sending
Vdjm1979

I have the same issue with my samsung at least 1 a month. Where my texts messages don't send and I can't see text messages when they come in. 

Incoming messages look like it's downloading something, but it's just a simple text message, no picture, no GIFS. 

It always happens when I'm in a group thread with my sisters, which is really annoying and inconvenient. 

I always contact Verizon about it, but I always get no help and I'm super frustrated. 

Anyone know how to fix this without the support from Verizon?? I'm over trying to ask for help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages not sending
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my text messages daily and would be just as frustrated if my messages with my sisters was not working properly, Wdjm1979. Let's take a closer look into this. Group messages are sent as a multimedia message. This does require a strong data connection. Just to confirm, are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this happens? What message app is in use?-Danielle

0 Likes
Vdjm1979

I pay for unlimited data on my Verizon account. When I start having these issue I also turn on my wifi at home to see which option works best. But it never resolves the issue to go back and forth between my data plan and my home wifi. 

I use the Messages App (blue icon on Samsung Android). I believe it's the Samsung Text Messaging App. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Does the issue happen at the same location or has it followed you 5 miles or more? Are you having issues sending messages to all numbers or a specific number?-Bobby Johnson

0 Likes