Text messaging is not working.
ValerieRose

I just received my Samsung Galaxy S4. It works great for phone, games, etc., but I had a friend call stating that she was unable to message me. I advised her that I did just recently get a new phone and that could be why. Now my brother is stating that he cannot text me either. I have tried texting my sister who also has a Samsung S4 (hers is an Active with AT&T) and did not work. I tried downloading a 3rd party application via Google Play, but nothing worked. I have also tried removing the SIM card and restarting. Lastly, I have also tried *228, but it just says that it's been activated. Any ideas? Could it be a faulty SIM card?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text messaging is not working.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

*228 does not work on a 4G phone; updating the Preferred Roaming List is handled by the SIM card.  You might call Customer Service and see if they need to reset your text feature from their end.

Customer Service:

Dial *611 from a cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday - Sunday 6 am - 11 pm

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Text messaging is not working.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

*228 does not work on a 4G phone; updating the Preferred Roaming List is handled by the SIM card.  You might call Customer Service and see if they need to reset your text feature from their end.

Customer Service:

Dial *611 from a cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday - Sunday 6 am - 11 pm

0 Likes