Text messaging not working
Klindholm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone else having issues with TEXT messages not sending?

Labels (1)
Re: Text messaging not working
hmfg2009
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same issue all morning. Either they aren't being delivered, or there is a huge gap between when I send, and the recipient receives it. 

BARGLA73
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had this issue all afternoon.  Does anyone know if it's being addressed?

stoll2212
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same problem today as well.  Nothing is helping.  
Cleared the cache and data.  Reinstalled app, powered off and on a few times.

OrangeJLo20
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same issue since this morning as well.  Texting works fine over 4G, but doesn't work over wifi.  Hope this issue is acknowledged and resolved soon!

GDNewsam
Enthusiast - Level 2
  1. I've have to call Verizon 3 times, and still no real fix. 
GDNewsam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently, Verizon doesn't check the community boards because the person I'm currently speaking to had no idea about this issue.

GDNewsam
Enthusiast - Level 2

And thank you for that bit of information about text messaging working on 4G but not wifi. Again, the CS agent I'm speaking with had no clue. Don't know if we'll find a fix, but at least it's something to go on.

Trendyviews
Enthusiast - Level 1

I texted with  VW agent and they stated reports are being given to their engineering dept and they are working on it. That was at approx 9:30 EDT

Message from Verizon tonight. (We definitely understand the importance.
I do see that it is an on going issue and was reported to our Engineering team who are already working on it. However lets us try some troubleshooting steps and check if it is working.)

lalesh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Started this morning. Can't have wifi enabled or my text went deliver. I can receive them while wifi is enabled, but to text a contact back I have to toggle wifi off and on. Verizon couldn't help at all. I spent hours on the chat with "Tech Coach" Anyone find a solution??? 

Tags (1)
0 Likes