Text notifications after software update
amykrieger73
Enthusiast - Level 2

After software update on 11/19/21 my notifications for text messages doesn't work. I've tried everything. Very frustrating!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text notifications after software update
alaine23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue! I can't figure it out but luckily I have a Samsung watch and that vibrates so I know when I have a text or Snapchat notification.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amykrieger73, please meet us in a Private Note, so we can assist you with this issue. *Bee

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, alaine23. We're very sorry to hear about any notification related issues that you are experiencing on your device since updating its software. We certainly want to make sure that you are receiving your device's notifications correctly. What is the make and model of the device that you have? Does your device seem to not be receiving any notifications or does this just seem to be with Snapchat and text messaging? -Brett

0 Likes
amykrieger73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still having the same issue. I would love any help I could get. How do I go to a private note to talk to someone? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you're able to get your notifications as anticipated. The problem you're experiencing has been reported to Samsung by multiple phone carriers and is part of several online discussions. Samsung is working on a new software patch to fix that issue. 

-Ebony

0 Likes
amykrieger73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still having the same issue and have done 2 system updates since. Any idea about where this issue stands?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that we have all the details to fully assist you.  A private message has been sent now to assist you further.-Sean

0 Likes
MLueck
Enthusiast - Level 3

Recently with my Moto z4 and Message+ updates, when a message comes in, nothing shows up on the phone lock screen any longer. I have to unlock (with my pattern), then view the Message+ app icon to see that the "new message(s) arrived" dot is showing up.

0 Likes
MLueck
Enthusiast - Level 3

We found the solution to my Moto z4 and Message+ missing notifications. The solution was as follows:

1) Go to the Moto app

2) Menu in that, select Moto Display

3) Peek Display

4) Settings

5) Notifications \ Level of details to show

6) It had been changed to "Don't show notifications at all"... it had previously been set to "Show all notifications", so we put that setting back.

7) Resolved! Back to the way it had been configured and working.

I hope this assists someone.

0 Likes