Text - what does "dot" mean on a contact?
LCUMMINS3735
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a new Samsung GALAXY S21 FE 5G and in my text listing, there is a "dot" by the name of one of my recipients.  Anyone know what that means?  (I don't remember seeing such a dot in the text list from my old S8 phone).  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text - what does "dot" mean on a contact?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to ensure you understand the icons on your new phone, LCUMMINS3735! We're happy to help solve this mystery! What text app are you using on the phone? Is this dot only showing next to one contact or by all of them? -Nikki

0 Likes
LCUMMINS3735
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using "Messages", version 13.0.10.81 (blue icon).  The dot only appears by 1 person - someone I text with frequently.  Thanks!  Lynne

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LCUMMINS3735, thank you so much for those details. If you scroll through the conversation with that contact is there any message that shows there might have been an error with trying to send the message. 

-Kevin

0 Likes
LCUMMINS3735
Enthusiast - Level 2

I certainly don't see any unsent messages or errors with this contact.  

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@LCUMMINS3735 wrote:

I just got a new Samsung GALAXY S21 FE 5G and in my text listing, there is a "dot" by the name of one of my recipients.  Anyone know what that means?  (I don't remember seeing such a dot in the text list from my old S8 phone).  Thanks!

On my Android phone (not a Samsung), a DOT by a contact in the list of text messages, indicates there is, at least, one message in the text conversation that was not read.  Maybe scroll through that entire conversation to see if there is one somewhere.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, LCUMMINS3735. After some research, it the finding seem to indicate the the contact has RCS enabled. *Cassie

0 Likes
LCUMMINS3735
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is RCS??

0 Likes