Texts
Jiml1960
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can text my son and when he replies back I don't get his texts.  If I do a group text to him and his mother I  can get his reply. This is beyond frustrating now. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texts
Jiml1960
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured it out myself while looking for another App that was on my other phone. I looked in the Google play library from what Apps are on my phone, While looking for one App I see Messages. I installed it, and sent my son a message to respond right away. As soon as I got it, I thought what version of message's were on my current phone ? That version had 3 dots on it's, which didn't worked at all, and there was the Version Messages App that didn't work either. The one that I installed has 3 lines and it's working fine.  I also wasn't able to use my email when I got home from the Verizon store in Stratford, Connecticut. I went back to the store and they couldn't do it either, they told me to go to ATT store because I use a global.net email. The phone updated over night, and I was able to get the email working.  I thought the Verizon store was great by reading the reviews, but they didn't help me with my issue. It was like they made the sale, done! For the amount of time that I spent trying to fix a new phone, I should go work there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to reply to your son is a must. I am sorry to read that you have been having trouble. I would love tp help make sure this is resolved right away! To best assist, I would like to gather some details. When did the issue first start? What happens on your end when you send your son a text? For instance do you get an error?

0 Likes
Jiml1960
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured it out myself while looking for another App that was on my other phone. I looked in the Google play library from what Apps are on my phone, While looking for one App I see Messages. I installed it, and sent my son a message to respond right away. As soon as I got it, I thought what version of message's were on my current phone ? That version had 3 dots on it's, which didn't worked at all, and there was the Version Messages App that didn't work either. The one that I installed has 3 lines and it's working fine.  I also wasn't able to use my email when I got home from the Verizon store in Stratford, Connecticut. I went back to the store and they couldn't do it either, they told me to go to ATT store because I use a global.net email. The phone updated over night, and I was able to get the email working.  I thought the Verizon store was great by reading the reviews, but they didn't help me with my issue. It was like they made the sale, done! For the amount of time that I spent trying to fix a new phone, I should go work there.

0 Likes
Jen22

I have an iPhone 13 and am having this problem. Get texts from everyone but one person, my mom. She is identified as a favorite and family. I had this happen in December and thought I fixed it but it is happening again. So frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jen! This is certainly not the experience we want for you! 

Are you able to get some messages from your mom and not others, or do no messages from your mom come through? What zip code are you in where you're having trouble? 

-Michelle

0 Likes