The auto rotation feature is not working.
trufflesman

Got the phone on Friday.  Everything was fine.  Next day the auto rotation feature is not working.  Pictures taken in portrait automatically show in landscape.  Very annoying.  Was looking at other boards and quite a few people have the same issue.  Most tend to think its software related.  Possibly due to the Lollipop 5.0.2 update.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: The auto rotation feature is not working.
Klue
Master - Level 1

The problem has been reported previously and the recommendation is to return for a new phone while you are in your 14 day trial.

0 Likes
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same problem with the auto rotate feature on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. It is a beautiful phone. My view stays on portrait.  When I do NetFlix it goes to landscape. When I go into Gallery the portrait photos stay portrait and the landscape photos are vertical.  You can get landscape photos to go horizontal by going into edit mode and changing the rotation manually.  I spoke to both Samsung and Verizon about the issue. Samsung said they were aware of the problem and it is a hardware issue. So do not expect an upcoming software fix will make it right. Samsung told me to send the phone in for repair. I went to Verizon and they said they were just becoming aware of the problem. I elected to go for a phone exchange instead, but expressed concern that the replacement phone might have the same problem.  Verizon could not guarantee that would not be the case. I tried to get Samsung to tell me the cause of the problem, because I read that some were saying that the high speed charger might be cooking some circuitry in the phone. I said the repair shop in Texas must know the cause because they apparently could fix the problem. The rep I spoke to could not answer that question. So at this point I am concerned that the replacement phone may have the same issue. 

0 Likes
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

Get an exchange of the phone like I did. Not a software issue. It is a hardware issue, gyroscope problem. My new phone works fine!

0 Likes
woocigargrl

After exchanging your phone Mike8972 have you used the fast charge on your new one?  Just curious.  Fast charge is a feature of the S6E that I love but if its going to fry the the rotation and cant be used whats the point?   My rotation has also stopped working and am waiting on a replacement to be shipped to me and am worried its going to be the same thing over again.  What good is a feature if you cant use it?

0 Likes
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

New phone is working fine. I have been using the fast charger without any problem.  I checked with Samsung and they said it (fast charger) was not the cause of the problem. Problem was a bad gyroscope responsible for the auto rotate feature. Love the phone.

0 Likes