Re: The latest update seems to be affecting mobile data.
LostMind
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got off chat with Samsung tech. Was suggested to do a Android Cache Partition wipe. Here are the instructions on how to do it. Just so ya know do at your own risk. You brick your phone because you cant follow simple instructions that's on you, not me.

Sammi: 1 Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).

Sammi: 2 Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power  key.

Sammi: 3 When the device vibrates; release only the Power key.

Sammi: 4 When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the  Home key.

Sammi: 5 Navigate with the Volume keys to the wipe cache partition option and press the  Power key to select.

Sammi: 6 Please reboot the device after performing the above steps.

Sammi being the AIguy from Samsung, get it? Sammi-Samsung. LOL

Anyway so far so good on my device. Holding a low to moderate 4GLTE signal at my workplace where after the update I was completely robbed of any connectivity whatsoever. Couldn't even get a text out of here (Aircraft Hangar). It might not work but it "seems" to have improved my scenario anyway. Time and place will tell. Yer welcome Verizon...

AZCellular
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's been an hour now since completing this process and my signal strength has significantly improved and staying in 4G/LTE.  Pages load quickly once again, hopefully it stays this way until repair firmware is issued out for the other problems.  Thanks for posting this information.

0 Likes
kansaswrangler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately, this didn't change anything for me.

0 Likes
LostMind
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I'm back to pigging out again here at work so it wasn't a fix for me either. Signal strength has been a horrid -114 dBm 40 asu most of the night. Its like there aren't even any towers out there and I work at an airport. When 3G pops on it climbs to around -90 dBm 2-4 asu but that's all.

0 Likes
nsande1

Verizon ruined a great phone

1) missing calls

2) no 4g and spotty 3g service

3) terrible battery life

The Samsung S3 is back to the quality of a 2010 device. 

0 Likes
lsandks
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are all preaching to the choir.  How do we get someone from Verizon to respond regarding this issue.  This is very unprofessional and we all should be getting financially compensated.  Verizon commercials are airing daily that they have the largest and most reliable 4G network.  Has anyone asked their customers?  When searching the internet or contacting Verizon there is nothing but denial.  How long do we have to wait for resolution or some type of notification that a resolution is being pursed?

0 Likes
chmodamaximus

Nothing but connection and battery problems since recent system update.  What was a mediocre phone to begin with (in terms of signal strength) has now turned into an unreliable piece of gear.  The Galaxy SIII is one OVERRATED cellphone.  I want my Droid Razr back!

0 Likes
The latest update seems to be affecting mobile data.
LarryBrad
Enthusiast - Level 2
As one of the contributors to this thread, I am relieved to report that the latest Verizon update - I535VRBMF1 - did fix my 4G connectivity problem and problem with text messaging.  Without any official notice or acknowledgement of the original problem, Verizon is now touting I535VRBMF1 as a new release, see http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/galaxy_s3.pdf I am very pleased with the release content which included the connectivity solution for the MD3 disaster.  Actually I am happy with the speed that Verizon and Samsung addressed this problem.  My only request is that the  Verizon/Samsung team  do a better job in communicating with customers when you roll out a release and when you find a problem... just communicate with us and your solution centers and include us in helping to find a solution and to maintain the trust. 
dyastrab
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm cautiously optimistic. I seem to have my 4G back. Still a little early to talk about battery life.

0 Likes
mineshaft82
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yea so I called Verizon about the stupid update that ruined my phone and destroyed the 4g......they instantly sent me a refurbished phone which got here yesterday........long and behold this morning i wake up and there is a new update waiting on my broken phone which updated it to RBMF1.......and so far it has brought my 4g back.....and it seems to be working good.....I deleted the Call ID app as soon as i got the update...I didnt turn it off..I deleted it so i dont have that any more....but everything seems to be working....Im gonna keep my original phone for the next day and see how it works out.  Then I am going to call Verizon and say that this new update fixed my problem and I no longer need their refurbished phone......I dont think it will be a problem sending it back right??

Is everybody else who got the new RBMF1 update having a good experience with it????

0 Likes