The update for LG_1 to LG_7 for the SGS3 not working
TurnAG

I purchased this device on the month of October. The update was available since then, however until today and on; the update will not patch at all despite many attempts. I've tried everything that I know of and that I've looked up short of rooting the device. I have not gone to the store yet, but I've called a rep from both Verizon and Samsung. Not surprisingly they both keep piggying me back and forth and I'm getting sick of it. The problem is that the update of LG1 to LG7 keeps failing. It starts the download then the phone reboots. The android shows with the blue shape but then midway the android "dies," with a exclamation mark in the middle of a red triangle. Phone boots into the normal screen and simply says the update failed and to look for details at a link which is useless. Please help I'm seriously considering jumping into a iPhone and to a different carrier.

0 Likes
Re: The update for LG_1 to LG_7 for the SGS3 not working
mrsdawg2
Contributor - Level 1

Go and get a new simm card. That is what worked on my phone with the very first update.   The update would keep failing and everyone else seemed to have the update. The verizon tech said that wouldn't help but I insisted since I saw on the forums to try that.....it WORKED!

Re: The update for LG_1 to LG_7 for the SGS3 not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Mrsdawg2, Thanks for taking the time to help out! I appreciate the help.

@TurnAG,

I know exactly how you're feeling because I had the same thing happen to me. Like @Mrsdawg2 mentioned, having your SIM card replaced will help get the software updated on your phone. This worked for me as well.

If you have not yet had your SIM card replaced or are still unable to get the software update, please follow me and send me a private message with your name, mobile number, and a summary of your concern so I can further assist you.

I'm sure we can get this resolved for you in no time.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes