Timer still goes off after being cancelled
jasonelkon

I have a Galaxy S9+ on which I use the Timer (in the Alarm app). When I no longer need the timer and I cancel it, it still goes off at the original set time. Is there a way to fix this or is there another alarm/timer app I can use that works better? I should note that most of the time I set the Timer, I do so using "Hey Google".

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Timer still goes off after being cancelled
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a customer myself, I can imagine how frustrating having an unwanted alarm going off must be.  Let’s get to the bottom of this.  Can you tell us more about what steps you are following to set and remove your Alarm settings (Example:Tap Clock>Add Alarm, etc.)?  Here is more information about that device and how to set up your Alarm:

https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/Samsung/UserGuides/Samsung_Galaxy_s9s9plus/sa...  (Pages 76-77)

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
jasonelkon

I am using "Hey Google, set timer for xxxx" or "set timer to go off at 12:00 pm" and then it gives me a countdown. To stop the timer, I go into the clock app and select "timer" and then it shows me the countdown. I've tried tapping pause and cancel (seperately), and the timer stops on the screen. However, it must continue to run in the background because the timer will sound off at the original set time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jasonelkon, 

It's important to be able to utilize your timer when you want to. I'm sorry to learn of this issue, and I'm happy to help you this evening. Tell me, are you using Bixby on your Galaxy, when setting the timer? Here's a link to the Samsung forum, that includes some good information for you: http://spr.ly/66071kn9UPlease let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, thanks very much. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes