Try booting into 'safe mode' - (shut the phone off, then hold volume down button and power button until recovery screen shows up, choose 'safe mode')
If that works and your sensitivity is better, go into the app manager and disable Peel Smart app after uninstalling updates, clearing data and wiping cache.
Unfortunately, it can't be uninstalled, why I don't know. I can't imagine why this buggy IR remote app that no one uses is deemed 'essential' to my phone, except that when I look at its permissions it has access to my entire phone for some reason. Hmmm.
After reading a ton of posts about this issue and trying everything with no luck, I learned:
1. I can't get to any of the 'secret menus' (thanks a lot Verizon - I *own* my phone, why can't I get to my settings??)
2. I can't 'root' my phone to get to those settings without probably bricking it and definitely voiding any warranty I might have
3. I wasted a screen protector that I paid for by taking it off and seeing if it got better (it didn't)
4. Even in 'safe mode' Peel Smart eventually started itself again, and the sensitivity issues came back shortly after. Disabling it is working so far...
5. Verizon SHOULD LET ME INTO MY SETTINGS
Never mind, seems to have reverted to not working again
Still, Verizon SHOULD LET ME INTO MY SETTINGS on *MY* PHONE.
Sensitivity settings in TSP FW should fix this, but I can't get there because Verizon WON'T LET ME!
What up with that????