Trade In- forgot to clear SD card & am worried
Marlene2002

Hello! I had a Samsung S20+ that I traded in & just mailed. I have never done a trade in as I have always kept all my phones, so this was new for me. I was originally told I had 30 days but when we disconnected a line for a promotion they instructed my spouse that it needed out the next day. In a panic & coming off 3rd shift I factory reset it but forgot to check to see if I had an SD card in the slot. I am PANICKING that it will not get cleared & someone will have access to my files/photos. I tried to call Verizon to see if once it gets to the Warehouse if someone could verify if there was indeed an SD card or not (to ease my mind) but they said they didn't think they could I cannot cancel the shipment now to see (unless someone knows how to get it re-routed back to me). Do I just now wonder if someone has my info or not? 😞 Is there any way someone can contact me from the warehouse once I see it's delivered to just let me know? (I don't care to know trade-in value). Can anyone confirm that they do actually clear it or destroy it? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade In- forgot to clear SD card & am worried
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! That's a great question and I have an answer! Typically those device that are traded in are recycled at the warehouse. Your information is erased, and the device is destroyed. I can take a look at the account. How does that sound?

*Angela

0 Likes
Marlene2002

That would be great, thank you! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad we could help you, Marlene2002! If you have any further questions, you can always ask on our community forums. We are available 24/7 to help!

*Brianna

0 Likes