Transferring music from Itunes to Galaxy S5
edyee00

Does anyone know how to transfer music from Itunes?  I tried dragging a dropping to a folder but it won't drop.  I did an internet search about this and I keep seeing articles and videos but it involves additional software.  I had the Droid Bionic and I could just drag and drop the music directly from Itunes without anything else.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transferring music from Itunes to Galaxy S5
Not applicable

Take the USB cable hook to the computer with the iTunes music on it. When it shows your new drive letter, go into windows and locate the Music folder, double click it to open, scroll to iTunes music folder, click select all, then copy, then go to the drive letter for the phone, double click to open the menu, scroll to music folder on phone, right click on the folder, select copy.

All the music will be copied to that phone.

It really is very easy. Took me longer to give the instructions than it takes to do it.

The app you refer to is for connecting an android to a Apple Computer. Not needed for a windows machine.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Take the USB cable hook to the computer with the iTunes music on it. When it shows your new drive letter, go into windows and locate the Music folder, double click it to open, scroll to iTunes music folder, click select all, then copy, then go to the drive letter for the phone, double click to open the menu, scroll to music folder on phone, right click on the folder, select copy.

All the music will be copied to that phone.

It really is very easy. Took me longer to give the instructions than it takes to do it.

The app you refer to is for connecting an android to a Apple Computer. Not needed for a windows machine.

Good Luck

0 Likes
edyee00

I already tried the copy and paste from the Itunes to a folder but it didn't allow for me to paste.  I'm not transferring all my music to my phone because I have too many albums/songs to fit on my phone so I only transfer certain albums I want to listen to.  Is there a unique restriction between Itunes and Galaxy S5?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I would not think so.

I transferred 1600 songs via cut and paste through windows explorer. Not iTunes

There are two different iTunes music folders on the music folder in windows explorer. The one I transferred was just music and no photo files etc.

You don't even open the iTunes program. Its all done in windows explorer.

Good luck

0 Likes
edyee00

I found a workaround, I just dragged the songs from Itunes into a empty folder and then dragged the songs into the phone's music folder.  It's an extra step but it worked.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hey its a very easy step. I am glad you are back on "trac" with your music. Thanks for the tip.

Good Luck

0 Likes