Trulink Hearing aid app
jhahnwx

When will you fix the bluetooth issue that allows the Trulink app to work?

0 Likes
Re: Trulink Hearing aid app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jhahnwx, Good morning to you! To get to the bottom of your inquiry, I accessed Trulink's website at: http://bit.ly/2vtwLdu. The information referenced Verizon has put out an update for the Galaxy S5 (6.0.1).

The most current updated software version for the Samsung Galaxy S5 device is MB29M.G900VVRU2DQF2. It's also important to check your device's software version at your convenience to ensure that it's up to date. This website link will assist you at: http://vz.to/2xDYOHV.

I'm also familiar with the Trulink app, as one of my family members uses it. This app can be downloaded to your device from Google Playstore.

While further investigating this matter, I contacted a technician at the Samsung Corporation at 888-987-4357. While working with the technician, we both wanted to know if you've experienced any recent issues downloading the Trulink app to your mobile device?

If you're experiencing issues with the Trulink app syncing with your Bluetooth option for your S5, the Samsung technician I worked with recommends that you contact Google's Technical Support Team directly by phone at 855-836-3987 if further assistance is needed. RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jhahnwx

So once again you are not paying attention.

History:  I updated the S5 to 6.0.1; that is when the problem started.

Contact via Facebook, Twitter, and phone says it is either a Starkey (TruLink) issue or a Samsung issue; no help offered.

Starkey says it is a problem in the code for the bluetooth on the S5's which is Verizon unique..meaning it is only on those of us who the S5s with Verizon.

Starkey also says they talked with Verizon Wireless who acknowledged the problem.  Verizon then said it was a Samsung issue.

So no one is taking ownership and no one is taking the lead and the many other customers in this situation have a problem that no one seems interested in solving.  Just in blaming someone else.

HELP

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jhahnwx,

We want your phone to be able to connect to your Tulink. Have you tried doing a factory reset on your device since the update? Before you do complete a factory reset, please ensure all of your content is backed up to the Verizon Cloud or any backup assistant you use. 

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
jhahnwx

Have I tried a factory reset?  That sounds like a fishing expedition.

Will a factory reset work?  Doesn't sound like you know if it will or not.

Have you contacted Starkey or Samsung?

0 Likes
jhahnwx

So I have now just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Samsung going through a series of steps that were fruitless.

Tried connecting the hearing aids to my  employer provided Galaxy S5 with the same software update and it is the same...the hearing aids will not connect.

Both my personal phone and the employer phone "see" the hearing aids, they just will not communicate.

Samsung advised I drive to a Best Buy where a Samsung Experiences person will re-install Flashware or something but she was doubtful this will help.  She suggested NOT doing a factory reset.

So where are we?  18 days of non-functioning control of my hearing aids, 3 companies pointing fingers at each other and no one willing to take the problem and address it.

0 Likes
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

I totally understand the urgency with this. I want to help bring this to a positive resolution. We want to make sure we explore all options to get this to work. I suggest to perform a factory reset to ensure we tried everything. How do you have your phone's content backed up? I suggest to use Verizon Cloud. Here's more information Verizon Cloud FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
jhahnwx

Why should I be the one testing to see if a factory reset works?  Should not Verizon and Samsung test that?

This whole thing is not being handled well at all.  Very disappointed.

A series of different people have responded, all well meaning and sincere, but no senior management has responded or offered to resolve this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We greatly appreciate you taking the time that you have to work on this. Please note we are unable to guarantee the functionality of a 3rd party app and how it will interact with an update as we are not directly involved in their development.  I have further lifted this up to our product team so that we can continue working with the manufacturer to ensure the proper functions are working.

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Texaslookout

After reading up about the issues of   Surflink Mobile 2   from  Starkey Hearing Aids, Verizon and Samsung  it is for sure a New Technology Issue.  Everyone seems to be tossing the ball.

It's similar to the way Computers and adding new cards, devices etc...  just a major headache for us all. Finally the computer company's got together and had a standard.

So what is the word from Verizon and Samsung , using the galaxy s-6  with software to control your 2017 New Blue Tooth / Wireless Hearing Aids. 

Hearing AIds have been on the back burner to long .  Chip Makers, Software Developers, Cell Phone Makers surely can get fully on board with Hearing Aid Company's.

0 Likes