Trying to make WIFI calls on S7 calls keep dropping while at home
JoeyGrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had Verizon service for the past 10 months and the calls  at times would drop. They are dropping more frequently lately, I spoke with several Verizon sales rep's at several different stores and they all said that WIFI calling would correct the issue. I even had one of the salespersons set up my phone. I can not force the phone to just go to WIFI. When it switches from Verizon service, it's a [remove] shoot if it will go to WIFI, drop the call or go to extended network. I want my home phone to be reliable. My question is How can I force my Samsung S7 phone to go to WIFI when I am at home, even if I have 1 bar on my antenna. I also noticed that when I had the phone set to HD people told me my calls were scratchy, so I tried WIFI with and without it on, didn't matter for going to WIFI calling.

Thank you

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator. ​

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trying to make WIFI calls on S7 calls keep dropping while at home
stef7
Master - Level 2

I think you can force WiFi calling, but you have to first turn on Airplane Mode, then turn on WiFi. I think the problem with this is you may miss calls, or you may end up leaving the house with WiFi enabled but cellular off.

If you don't want to enable just WiFi, try downloading the Hangouts Dialer. I don't know if that will force a WiFi call or not. I read on some Google Forum that it would.

Report back.

View solution in original post

stef7
Master - Level 2

I think you can force WiFi calling, but you have to first turn on Airplane Mode, then turn on WiFi. I think the problem with this is you may miss calls, or you may end up leaving the house with WiFi enabled but cellular off.

If you don't want to enable just WiFi, try downloading the Hangouts Dialer. I don't know if that will force a WiFi call or not. I read on some Google Forum that it would.

Report back.

JoeyGrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

That works, thank you

Pete