Two Questions...
DazeeBean328

1) Last week (Wednesday or Thursday) My 15 month old Samsung Galaxy S4 just started to not play any of my notification sounds, either from texts, FaceBook or kik messenger. I've seen "answers" saying that I should factory reset or reset my phone. If I do that? First of all, where on the phone is that button and will I lose all my pictures and apps and downloads etc.?

2) Just last night my phone would not charge, or was charging slow and it "beeps" telling me: "To charge faster, use charger and cable that came with this phone." Which I am and have been. I've been "charging" my phone now for the last few hours it WAS at 72% and now it's at 54% within a half an hour.

What gives?

My contract is up at the end of December this year. But I really don't want to have to get a new phone if I don't have too. Which I don't think I should have too.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Two Questions...
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well at this point the phone is out of warranty unless you purchased an extended warranty. A hard reset is not a button, it's a series of steps in the menu. And yes unless you hack the phone up you will lose everything but your contacts are generally saved to your gmail account.

What I would do first is a soft reset which is taking out the battery while the phone is on. Give it a few minutes and pop it back in. This solves most issues.

Best wishes

0 Likes