UNLOCK PHONE
CLEMMIE07

My Samsung S7 Edge performed a restart last night.  Today I have been trying to enter my PIN just to be able to use my fingerprint!!!!

It won't recognize my pin so I can't use the phone at all.  I only have 5 more tries before factory reset.  Help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: UNLOCK PHONE
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remotely ring, lock, or erase a lost device - Accounts Help

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CLEMMIE07,

Oh no! That's certainly an odd occurrence and we definitely want to ensure you regain access to your device. Have you attempted to power the phone off and back on since this started? You may be able to update the password with Android Device Manager if you set this up previously. Access it here

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CLEMMIE07

I did not know about Android Device Manager. I contacted Samsung and they weren’t any help either. I wish I could get rid of the phone for a different brand. This

should not have happened.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remotely ring, lock, or erase a lost device - Accounts Help

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CLEMMIE07, we can understand the need to have a working phone. I am also a Samsung user and can tell you from experience that a lock out can happen on any phone.  Not to worry we are here to provide assistance and will help you get back into your phone.  Can you tell us the make and model of your phone?

If you received a software update and it locked you out of your phone, then we might have to do a full factory reset on the device.  We will provide instructions for the reset once you provide the details about the phone.

RalphT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CLEMMIE07

I have contacted someone at management level Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CLEMMIE07, this is not the experience we want you or any of our customers to have.  I just sent you a private message so that we can provide some personal assistance.  Please reply so that we can get more details from you.

RalphT_VZW

0 Likes