USB connection does not connect with computer
gramps82

When I plug into the computer with a USB it tells me that I don't have the driver for my phone.  This occurs sometimes and sometimes it seems to work o.k. 

I see a file on the computer that has a samsung driver listed.  Where do I start to get this corrected ?

0 Likes
Re: USB connection does not connect with computer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there gramps82.

I am sorry for the issues you are having with your S3 when plugging it into your computer.  I know this is an important function to have for instances like transferring pictures to your computer and I absolutely want to make sure we get this up and running for you.

To figure out what is going on, I do have a couple of questions for you. What are you trying to do when connecting it to your computer? Are you using a windows or a macintosh operating system?  What happens when you click the file on the computer? Does it give you the option to install the driver?

Please provide additional information so we can better assist.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gramps82

When I plug into the Windows computer it sometimes shows up in the MY COMPUTER and I am able to open up the phone files and move files over from my computer.   .  Most of ttme it just pops up with the message (  Hardware ID missing   Windows cannot  identify   the sumsung device plugged in. etc. etc.   )   then the phone says unable to find software on your PC that can recognize your device etc. etc.   When I first got the phone it apparently downloaded some files for working with the computer.  I see some Samsung files on the computer but not sure whether I should delete them and start over .                                                                                       

0 Likes
purduejatt
Contributor - Level 1

you need to download Samsung drivers for your phone from their website prior to connecting your phone with your computer/laptop.

just google it and it should be easy to find. There are other similar threads on here. Just search for it and you should have your answer. But yeah, for the most part, you are missing the samsung drivers. Download it and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps.

Thank You Smiley Happy

0 Likes