USB tethering Galaxy s10 - cells calls interrupt video conference
Anonymous33
Enthusiast - Level 1

Been working from home since March, and using USB tethering from my Galaxy s10 to my work laptop. No issues, until a couple weeks ago. Whenever I get a call on my cell and I am on a conference call using my computers video & audio in Microsoft Teams, Teams puts my conference call on hold.  I don't know where or what setting to use to fix this.  Is it Teams or my phone?  I use USB tethering so I can access my unlimited data. Something changed & I cannot figure out where. Google is not helping. Anyone else finding this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: USB tethering Galaxy s10 - cells calls interrupt video conference
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Anonymous33 wrote:

Been working from home since March, and using USB tethering from my Galaxy s10 to my work laptop. No issues, until a couple weeks ago. Whenever I get a call on my cell and I am on a conference call using my computers video & audio in Microsoft Teams, Teams puts my conference call on hold.  I don't know where or what setting to use to fix this.  Is it Teams or my phone?  I use USB tethering so I can access my unlimited data. Something changed & I cannot figure out where. Google is not helping. Anyone else finding this?

Is there a MS Teams User Forum (like this one) that you can search for or post your issue?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Working from home is quickly becoming the new normal. We understand how very important it is to stay connected. We certainly want to do everything we can to ensure that you're able to continue using your Samsung Galaxy S10 with your work laptop, whyen using Microsoft's Teams option. Just to be sure we're not having you repeat troubleshooting steps you may have already completed, can you tell us what troubleshooting steps you've completed so far? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Anonymous33
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I first noticed it, I restarted all my devices (phone & laptop). Then I just checked the settings for Team, my phone, and windows 10. I'm sure what else to do. 

I noticed today that when I make an outbound call, my laptop work vpn disconnects, then reconnects once I end the call.

Is there other troubleshooting I can try? This seems like a setting somewhere. Thanks!

0 Likes
Anonymous33
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry, *Teams

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information. Were there any updates to the device or your computer before this issue started? 

0 Likes
Anonymous33
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update: I started to receive a pop up from Verizon about enabling HD calling.  At the same time, I stopped being able to be on the internet while on a call, and discovered that HD calling needed to enabled to do so. I enabled HD calling in my phone settings (for Samsung Galaxy 10e, Settings -> Connections -> Advanced calling -> toogle HD Voice and Video calling on) & both issues resolved. Not sure if it was a Samsung update or a Verizon change that turned this off or made it required to do what I needed to do.  But everything works how I need it to now. Hope this helps anyone else struggling with this! 🙂

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear that this helped, Anonymous33. We appreciate the follow-up. For your convenience, I have included our support page here: www.verizonwireless.com/support

0 Likes