Unable to call 1-800 numbers or 611
Karmins
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am now unable to call 800 numbers when preceded by 1+. I get a high pitched tone and an “invalid number” message. Tried calling customer service with 611, and got same results. If I dial 800 without dialing 1 +, call goes through, however 611 still does not work. Regular calls dialed with 1 + do work fine. Just a note, called customer service from landline, they had no clue…. Transferred me to tier 2, and got disconnected, again! This looks like an ongoing problem from other posts.  Need help from Verizon! 

Labels (1)
Re: Unable to call 1-800 numbers or 611
ndenhunt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem.  I  remove the 1 from 800 number.  I read that in an older post that I saw on internet.  I called tech support about *611 which did some trouble shooting and ended up performing a network refresh for phone signal.  I hope that helps.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Karmins! I'll be glad to assist you with this issue, for this we need to dial *611. Please, feel free to send us a PM if you need any assistance with this concern.

>Jean

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, I'm sorry you are experience this issue. I can help you check the device and the account for you. 

Please help us join a secure channel, so we can further assist you. 

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services, so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note that the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6004MS234

>Lara

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

>Lara

0 Likes
Wood4work
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to place calls from your device, no matter where you are, is very important. We're sorry to hear that you're unable to make 800 calls or dial 611 from your mobile phone.  Let's work together to get this resolved.

How long has this been happening? What's the make/model of your mobile device? Have there been any recent changes to it? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, recent SIM Card change, etc.) Are you currently in the U.S. while attempting to make the calls from your phone?

Please reboot (Power cycle) your device while we're troubleshooting together by powering it completely off for about 30 seconds and then powering it back on. Thanks!

-Robert C.

0 Likes