Unable to make conference calls on Galaxy S21
steve511

Recently I have been unable to make conference calls on my S21. This is a new problem that began several weeks ago. I can successfully dial both phone numbers sequentially but when I press the Merge Calls button, I receive an error message "Unable to make conference call" and a disconnect ensues.

The device software is up to date, I have restarted the phone multiple times, I have tried several different dialers, all to no avail. Googling the problem reveals others with the same issue but I have found no solutions.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to make conference calls on Galaxy S21
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, steve511. I know how frustrating it can be, not to be able to use your phone as you're supposed to. You mentioned this started a few weeks ago. Did you receive any update on your phone, or did you download anything recently? -Vanessa

0 Likes
steve511

Thank you for the reply, Vanessa,

I believe there has been at least one Samsung security update that would have been installed between the time when the conference call function was working and when the problem began. I am not 100% certain, but I am reasonably certain that an update occurred during that time.

The only downloads have been books downloaded to the Kindle app on the phone. 

Steve

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is possible that a feature called 3 way calling fell off the account . I am sending a Private Note to investigate that idea. 

-David

0 Likes
Officer120
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue on my S22 Ultra plus could not call *611 or 611. Verizon Tech support, Todd I believe his name is, was able to fix my problem after weeks of having the issue with no results. He made me shut my phone off, he then reset my "LTE" under my account for my SIM card and when done advised me to turn my phone back on and Voila' everything all fixed. 

0 Likes
Dcarro1

I'm having the same issue and more.  It says can't perform conference calls. It also won't call 611 or 1 800 numbers

0 Likes
Dcarro1

Trying to get help with this myself but NO ONE I've spoken to knows what to do.  I'll ask them about this. thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Goodness, Dcarro1! We want to make sure your calls are working properly! We're sending a Private Note, so we can open your account and get you taken care of right away!

*Chance

0 Likes