Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to open a file on cloud server
DannyS22

Not sure where this should be placed. I have a WD My Cloud server that has all my C:\mydocuments and I use the WD Android app My Cloud to access away from home. I have a doc file that I used to open on my phone with MS Word that came on the phone. At some point now I can't open that file with Word and it asks what to use and Word is not listed. All the files that word files I can see. but this file is grayed out.
I'm unsure if it's a Word problem, phone app problem, or what.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Dann

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Unable to open a file on cloud server
DannyS22

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have no problem from my desktop and no problems with my other files. It's just this one. It's like Word doesn't recognize it as a valid file format.  I use to to be able to open it but because I don't use very often from my phone, I'm not sure when it happen that I can't access it. It might be related to some security updates or system update. I just don't know when it stopped allowing me to open it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know it's important that you are able to access your files from your cloud server. Have you tried opening the file on a computer/laptop or tablet?

*Brianna

0 Likes
DannyS22

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have no problem from my desktop and no problems with my other files. It's just this one. It's like Word doesn't recognize it as a valid file format.  I use to to be able to open it but because I don't use very often from my phone, I'm not sure when it happen that I can't access it. It might be related to some security updates or system update. I just don't know when it stopped allowing me to open it.

0 Likes