Unable to upgrade phone online
jzeb2315
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everytime I try to purchase a phone online I get an error message that it cannot be processed and to try again later. I have tried multiple times and I have called customer support and they only tell me to keep trying. The deal I want to get is an online only deal as well. How can I fix this?

Labels (1)
Re: Unable to upgrade phone online
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having issues with placing your order, jzeb2315. Our goal is for you to take advantage of all the available offers. We can help you take a second look and see what is causing this problem. Are you placing the order using the My Verizon app, or are you using a computer?

GersonG_VZW

jzeb2315
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been using a computer since its a business account. I keep trying and the website won't let me purchase the phone and the deal is only online

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that this is causing so many issues for you at this time. However, with this being a business account you would have to contact our business support team to have this completed for you. I would suggest contacting 800-922-0204 to process your device upgrade. I am sure there are deals available that you can take advantage of with a business support representative. JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Patrick7788
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is very problematic, this is not him who is only facing the issue, it is an issue that I am facing, as well as hundreds of other customers. Complaints about this seemingly have gone on for a few years now, not only that, you can find all complaints and similar issues on the Verizon subreddit posted by Verizon customers. There is something SEVERELY wrong with the server-side of Verizon. You can upgrade and buy a phone before you become a customer with no issue, but then immediately after once you're signed in, even on the app, even in a different browser, even on a different computer or operating system, you have the same exact issue. I don't think I've seen one customer who's voiced this complaint who hasn't been told to simply call to place their order. This isn't a good band-aid for the issues that exist on the Verizon website. You need to pass something along, ASAP, in an AGILE PROJECT, to the engineers that run everything server side and make a website that works. A lot of people don't want to have to upgrade on the phone with an individual, this is a simple process that needs to be done easily through the app and through the website. The default shouldn't be, "Call our number to place your order". 

This is extremely embarrassing from one of the largest tech and mobile provider companies in the world. There are flaws in the system at Verizon, fix them instead of offering an alternative that customers don't want to use. 

LNG8894
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is pretty horrid. Buying something online shouldn't be this hard. Please fix your online purchasing.  I have been a long time customer and have upgraded my phones several times in the past without issue.  Today I am having a really hard time upgrading my phone.  I have spoken to online representatives, several phone representatives, tried different cards and I have not been able to purchase a new phone.  Literally, I can't give money to verizon online for a new phone.  This doesn't seem to be a good business model. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want any transaction to be an exciting and happy experience, LNG8894, we're sorry to hear this was not the case for you. Are you still needing assistance? 

0 Likes
jstant01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm encountering this same issue today, both in the app and online on my computer. I can't even get to anything in the "Shop" portion of the app or website without getting a message saying, "Your Request Cannot be Processed - Please Try Again Later." This happens when I click or tap on any link/category after selecting "Shop." We want to upgrade our phones, but I guess we'll have to go through a third-party provider. I'm not playing games and calling for something that should be very easy to do online - especially in the midst of a pandemic.

Alarson81
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same problem! So frustrating! The last thing I want to do is stand in line for hours at our local store to try and purchase a new phone! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear about your continued issues with your account! I've sent you a Private Note so we can find a solution to this once and for all. 

JesusG_VZW

0 Likes